Heroes track listing:
- Beck (Bob Dylan – “Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat”)
- The Kooks (The Kinks – “Victoria”)
- The Hold Steady (Bruce Springsteen – “Atlantic City”)
- Hot Chip (Joy Division – “Transmission”)
- Lily Allen feat. Mick Jones (The Clash – “Straight To Hell”)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs (The Ramones – “Sheena Is A Punk Rocker”)
- Franz Ferdinand (Blondie – “Call Me”)
- Duffy (Paul McCartney – “Live And Let Die”)
- Estelle (Stevie Wonder – “Superstition”)
- Rufus Wainwright (Brian Wilson –“ Wonderful & Song For Children”)
- Scissor Sisters (Roxy Music – “Do The Strand”)
- Peaches (Iggy Pop – “Search And Destroy”)
- Adam Cohen (Leonard Cohen – “Take This Waltz”)
- Elbow (U2 – “Running To Stand Still”)
- The Like (Elvis Costello – “You Belong To Me”)
- TV On The Radio (David Bowie – “Heroes”)
What do you get if you cross the greatest living legends, some of the finest songs ever written and the most staggering talent around today? Just an album so hot you’ll be going to work in shorts this winter, that’s all. And wait for the best bit…War Child gets money off every copy sold.
Yes friends, the charity album just got cool again. Here’s the skinny: Rock legends such as Stevie Wonder, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney chose their favourite new bands to cover their classic songs. War Child’s new album, Heroes, is released on March 3rd in Canada, February 24th in the US, February 16th in the UK and features 16 amazing tunes.
Dylan himself chose Beck to take on Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat. Sir Paul entrusted Live and Let Die to Duffy. And Stevie figured Estelle was the only one for Superstitious.
Oh, and then there’s The Hold Steady taking on Bruce, Lily Allen teaming up with, ahem, Mick Jones on a Clash classic and The Scissor Sisters imploring you to Do The Strand.
Yes, we’re spoiling you. This combo of rock’s greatest songs and songwriters coupled with the hottest new names in the ‘the biz’ will be one of your most treasured records.
Yes, you read it right. It rocks. It rocks hard. We know you want to hear it right now, and you’re ready to buy it today to support your favorite charity. But you’ll just have check back here on a regular basis, ‘cos we’ll be a-temptin’ and a-teasin’ with song snippets, updates, quotes and a lot, lot more.
About War Child:
War Child International is a network of independent organisations, working across the world to help children affected by war.
War Child was founded upon a fundamental goal: to advance the cause of peace through investing hope in the lives of children caught up in the horrors of war.
War Child works in many different conflict areas around the world, helping hundreds of thousands of children every year.
Please find out how YOU can help these innocent victims of war!