This might be my favorite band name ever. Like ever. Not only that but they also have a talent for creating really great song titles.
Not to be a nitpicker but, for the record, we were promised jetpacks.
We Were Promised Jetpacks?? Apparently they were and never the type of dudes to accept a raw deal, they were pissed off, and now they’re striking back – with music. But first a brief history: they’re from Scotland ($100 says you can’t guess where in Scotland they’re from…), they played in the States a month back around SXSW, people liked their shows, and now they’re back in the UK and people are liking their music, including me, and anticipating their shows, including me.
Well, since you were promised… We Were Promised Jetpacks music:
We Were Promised Jetpacks Tour Dates:
- May 14 2009 Great Escape Festival at Water Margin Brighton
- May 15 2009 Great Escape Festival at Honey Club Brighton
- May 23 2009 Sound City at Magnet Liverpool
- May 24 2009 TV21 Album Launch, Voodoo Rooms Edinburgh
- Jun 9 2009 Cabaret Voltaire Edinburgh
- Jun 10 2009 Doghouse Dundee
- Jun 15 2009 Album Launch Party at King Tuts Glasgow
- Jun 16 2009 Night & Day Manchester
- Jun 17 2009 Bodega Nottingham
- Jun 18 2009 Lexington London
- Jun 19 2009 Cockpit Leeds
- Jun 20 2009 Head Of Steam Newcastle
- Jun 28 2009 Outsider Festival Rothiemurchus, Scotland
- Jul 24 2009 Wickerman Festival Dundrennan, Scotland